Isn’t The Sims 2 getting boring?

I've been playing The Sims 2 for about 3-4 years now. The last 2 years I used to play the game daily for up to nine hours, but now I hardly play the game at all.

The Sims 2 started becoming mind-numbing when I discovered all the cheats that get you more money without having to earn it, build skills by just dragging bars, and other cheats. That made the game unchallenging: build the perfect house for your Sims, get them a job even though they don't have to work, get married, have kids, get your kids to grow and make generations (some fires will occur during game play)… the end. It's getting unrealistic because you know that no surprises will arise in your Sims' lives. You actually control everything; if they die and you didn't want them to, just don't save the game.

I think people would've dumped the game long ago hadn't it been for the expansion packs. They do make the game more exciting.

That's why I really can't wait for The Sims 3; it'll be something completely different and new.

For those who don't know The Sims 2, read about it here.

The sequel for The Sims 2, The Sims 3, is coming out later this year.


Update: I've started reading Murder on the Orient Express (Agatha Christie) yesterday and I've read have the book already. A review will be coming soon.

0 comments: