Love in the Time of Cholera


Buy the book at Amazon

After impatiently reading the last pages, I've finally finished Love in the Time of Cholera.

The story begins with the accidental death of Dr. Juvenal Urbino, the husband of a woman named Fermina Daza.

Then it switches back to the past, when Fermina is a young teenage girl who keenly falls in love with Florentino Ariza, a telegraph boy, and soon their correspondence with each other through letters becomes an obsession.

But when Fermina Daza unexpectedly marries the prestigious and wealth doctor, Juvenal Urbino, Florentino is devastated, but has a strong will to wait for the death of the doctor.

After fifty-one years, nine months, and four days of patience and long-suffering for Florentino, Dr Juvenal Urbino is finally dead. Florentino and Fermina are now in their seventies. Will Florentino be able to win back Fermina's heart again?


Right from the first page to the last, I've been absorbed into Marquez's captivating world of love, devotion and wit.

Not only does he make you eager to know what will happen to the two lovers in the end, but he will lure you into his magical world of brilliant, unique imagination.

Through his humane stories and characters, Gabriel Garcia Marquez again proves to be a master storyteller.

I've read three books of his now, and I think he's the most talented and powerful writer ever.
I am sure you will treasure this book as much as I have.


I am also looking forward to watching the 2007
movie adaptation of Love in the Time of Cholera.

Read my review of
One Hundred Years of Solitude, by the same author.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,
I've never read this book, but it sounds really interesting. I'm currently reading Kaleidoscope by Danielle Steel. I just started it, so I can't really tell you if I think it's a good book or not, but my friend read it and she said it was amazing. I love to read. My favorite books are Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange both by Melissa Marr, the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer, and Unwind by Neal Shusterman. I've read many other great books, but those are just my favorites off the top of my head.

Come visit my blog:
http://mallorie109.edublogs.org/
Thanks,
Mallorie =]